Because most points of interest will come before the city council during regularly scheduled meetings, I want to start highlighting the agendas before the meetings happen. In that vain, here are a few things I think are important to know.
- The agendas are published through the city webpage (generally, no later than the Monday before the meeting).
- You can find them yourself by going to kaysvillecity.com, hovering over “Government” and selecting the “Agenda & Minutes” link.
- A packet will also be published. This packet includes any supporting documents that will be looked at in connection with the agenda items.
- As of right now, meeting are scheduled for 7 pm on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays at City Hall.
- Anyone can comment about an agenda item/ point of concern or interest during the “Call to the Public” (which occurs during the first few agenda items of any meeting).
- Anyone who wants to speak has up to 3 minutes to make a comment.
- If you want to speak, come to the podium during the designated time and start by stating your name. From there, the floor is yours.
- The council will not reply to your comment at this time but might address your comment later in the meeting
- Unless there is a public hearing scheduled for a specific agenda item, this will be your only chance to speak during the council meeting.
For the meeting this week on December 7th, 2017, the agenda is as follows:
A few points of interest that will be discussed:
- #10– discussion to enter into an agreement with CRS Engineers to begin working on a design to repair the improperly installed bridge feature that was meant to allow for settling movement.
- #12– Resolution defining how solar customers will be metered.